Announcements: Friday, February 26, 2021
*Hungry, Need Breakfast - Every morning you can go to the foods room, using the door closest to the lockers, from 8:05 until the start of school you can pick up some breakfast.
*Just a reminder to work experience and green certificate students, your meeting is scheduled for Thursday at lunchtime in Mr. Reiling’s room.
*Please make sure that you are sanitizing your hands when you use the vending machines. According to visual data (cameras), there are a lot of students not following the hand sanitizing protocols and we are considering shutting down the snack and pop machines.
*HOT LUNCH is on Wednesday -You must sign-up at the office for hot lunch and the cost is $5.00 or $20.00. We are moving to a punch card or single card system. You must present your card for a lunch. A single card can be bought for $5.00 and a multi-card can be bought for $20.00. The punch cards must be purchased from the office ahead of time or they can be bought with an e-transfer to email@example.com. Our next hot lunch will be BBQ Beef on a Bun with Veggies.
To pick up your hot lunch please go to the following rooms:
Grades 7, 8 and 9 – please go to your homeroom to get you hot lunch.
Gr. 10 –Mr. Bowden room
Gr. 11 – Mrs. Schellenberg’s room
Gr. 12 –Mr. Reiling’s room
*The corner store is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday’s! It is open for only 10 minutes from 11:35 to 11:45 a.m. There are: pizza pops, mini pizzas and cup a soups.
Also, the microwaves are available during this time for any senior high students.
Minister’s Youth Council Opportunity:
Student voices are critical to our education system and Minister Lagrange is committed to listening to the 700,000+ students in our province. The minister would like to announce the start of recruitment for the 2021/22 Minister’s Youth Council. They are looking for approximately 40 junior and senior high school students, ages 14 to 19, with diverse interests, identities, backgrounds and perspectives from all regions of Alberta. Of those 40, they will be accepting up to eight returning council members and at least 32 new members. The council will continue to give students the opportunity to make an impact on education, build their leadership skills at the provincial level and leave a legacy that will last well into the future.
Career Transitions is hosting another session for grade 11 and 12 students:
Pediatric Nurse Career Exploration Session
Tuesday, March 2, 4:00pm
Veterinarian Career Exploration Session
Thursday, March 4, 5:00pm
Operating Room Nurse Career Exploration Session
Thursday, March 25, 4:00pm
Hairstylist Career Exploration Session
Thursday, April 1, 4:00pm
Genomicist & Bioinformatician Career Exploration Session
Tuesday, April 27, 4:30pm
Those interested in attending need to register in advance in order to receive a link to the virtual event. The deadline to register is 12:00 pm on the morning of the event. Career Exploration Sessions are run as a Meeting on Microsoft Teams. Further instructions along with the link will be sent directly to the student(s).
Also: Career Transitions is organizing various post-secondary presentations for interested post-secondary institutions. Here is a list of the upcoming presentations and their associated links:
- February 23 at 5:30pm – St. Mary’s University – No registration needed – click on the link to join
- March 2 at 5:00pm – SAIT – Please register in advance through the link
- March 3 at 5:00pm – Mount Royal – Complete request form to be sent a link to the presentation
- March 4 at 5:00pm – University of Alberta – Please register in advance through the link
- March 9 at 5:30pm – Medicine Hat College – No registration needed – click on the link to join (password: Rattlers)
- March 10 at 6:00pm – Red Deer College – Please register in advance through the link
- March 11 – University of Calgary – link and time coming soon!
- March 17 at 7:00pm – Olds College – No registration needed – click on the link to join
- March 22 at 5:00pm – Bow Valley College – No registration needed – click on the link to join
- March 23 at 5:30pm – AB University of the Arts – Please register in advance through the link
The presentations begin this week and will run throughout the month of March. Check out this website to register – https://www.careersteps.ca/post-secondary-fair/
O’Canada on Mondays